Licence to operate a forklift truck
ABOUT THE COURSE
TLILIC0003 Licence to operate a forklift truck provides the skills and knowledge required to operate a forklift truck safely in accordance with all relevant legislative requirements. Competence in this unit does not in itself result in a HRW Licence to operate this plant.
Forklift truck means a powered industrial truck equipped with lifting media made up of a mast and an elevating load carriage to which is attached a pair of fork arms or other attachments that can be raised 900mm or more above the ground but does not include a pedestrian-operated truck or a pallet truck.
A person performing this work is required to hold a forklift truck High Risk Work Licence (HRWL).
This unit will see candidates exposed to:
- Applying Safe Operation Procedures (SOP's);
- Comprehension and application of hazard and risk assessment strategies;
- Compliance and understanding of Commonwealth, State and Territory Workplace Health and Safety (WHS);
- Following traffic management plan procedures;
- Safe operation of all aspects relating to the forklift truck.
2 day staggered-training workshop and additional external National Assessment Instrument (NAI) examination for the High Risk Work Licence (HRWL) component.
The proposed target group of clients has been identified through the Construction and Resources and Infrastructure Industry, National Disability Industry Support (NDIS) and Infrastructure Support Services as well as Job Service Australia (JSA) stakeholders.
Some identified participants to this program will be at entry-level to this sector and will require experience in plant and equipment operator functions prior to working on this type of equipment.
Through employers and/or warehouse training facilities, candidates will gain at least one (1) week of practical logbook hours on a suitable forklift truck that complies with AS2359 Powered Industrial Trucks. Additionally, this target group may be unemployed, employed (or with a disability NDIS cohort group) or pursuing upskilling themselves to be able to operate a forklift truck under a High Risk Work Licence (HRWL) across the Transport, Logistics, Warehousing, Manufacturing, RII and Supply Chain Services areas.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification. Candidates must be 18 years of age to complete this qualification and attend the NAI HRWL component for forklift licencing.
Participants will receive a Statement of Attainment (SoA) for TLILIC003
↓ ENROL NOW ↓
- Course Name
- TLILIC0003 Licence to Operate a Forklift Truck (Redcliffe)
- TLILIC0003 Licence to Operate a Forklift Truck (Gold Coast)
- TLILIC0003 Licence to Operate a Forklift Truck (Browns Plains)
- TLILIC0003 Licence to Operate a Forklift Truck (Brisbane)
- TLILIC0003 Licence to Operate a Forklift Truck (Logan)
- TLILIC0003 Licence to Operate a Forklift Truck (Sunshine Coast)
- TLILIC0003 Licence to Operate a Forklift Truck (Mount Gravatt)
- TLILIC0003 Licence to Operate a Forklift Truck (Bray Park)
- Location Name
- GOLD COAST
- BROWNS PLAINS
- SUNSHINE COAST
- MOUNT GRAVATT
- BRAY PARK