Advanced Diploma of Extractive Industries Management
ABOUT THE COURSE
RII60215 Advanced Diploma of Extractive Industries Management offers the skills and knowledge required of personnel working in a quarry or other extractive industries operations that perform tasks that are broad, specialised, complex and technical and include strategic areas and initiating activities. They are responsible for the establishment of the site management systems, plans and policies and are required to demonstrate self-directed application of theoretical and technical knowledge and initiate solutions to technical problems or management requirements.
The duration of this course is five 2-day workshops, combined with at least 5 years of industry experience.
This course specifically targets those working in roles such as; Deputy Mine and Quarry Managers, Site Site Safety Representatives, Production Managers, Open Cut Examiners, Site Senior Executives or member of Management Teams.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification, however, it is recommended that candidates possess a combination of the following:
- Standard 11 Generic OHS Mining Induction;
- Mining Supervisor (S123) - RIIRIS301E Apply risk management processes, or equivalent;
- Risk Facilitator - RIIRIS402E Carry out the risk management process, or equivalent;
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a management position within the resources sector;
- Access to a resources worksite;
- Access to internet and relevant legislation, policy and procedures, safety and health management system, SOP's, JSA's, OEM's etc.
The following provides the packaging rules for this qualification.
Total number of units = 14
14 elective units, of which:
- At least ten (10) must be chosen from the electives listed for this qualification
- No more than four (4) units may be chosen from elsewhere within this training package, or from another endorsed training package, or from an accredited course.
- BSBMGT605 Provide leadership across the organisation
- BSBMGT608 Manage innovation and continuous improvement
- BSBMGT617 Develop and implement a business plan
- BSBPMG609 Direct procurement and contracting for a project program
- RIIENV601D Establish and maintain the environmental management system
- RIIGOV601D Establish, maintain and develop a statutory compliance management system
- RIIRIS601D Establish and maintain the risk management system
- RIIWBP601D Establish and maintain waste and by-product management system
- RIIWHS601D Establish and maintain the WHS management system
- RIIERR504D Manage major incidents and emergencies
Draw In Electives
- BSBPMG522 Undertake project work
- RIIERR601D Establish and maintain mine emergency preparedness and response systems
- RIIERR503D Implement emergency preparedness and response systems
- RIIPRM501D Implement, monitor, rectify and report on contracts