Diploma of Minerals Processing
ABOUT THE COURSE
RII50315 Diploma of Minerals Processing offers the skills and knowledge required for those working in the role of metal or coal processing facility manager who performs tasks involving a high level of autonomy and require the application of significant judgement in planning and determining the selection of equipment, roles and techniques for themselves and others. Participants are required to demonstrate the application of a broad range of technical, managerial, coordination and planning skills and implement mine management plans.
The duration of this course is up to twelve (12) months.
The course specifically targets those working in roles such as; Safety Managers, Site Safety Representatives, Open Cut Examiners, Site Senior Executives, or members of Management Teams. It is also suited to other people already working within the resource industry who wish to further their knowledge of the role of metal or coal processing facility managers who perform tasks involving a high level of autonomy and require the application of significant judgement in planning and determining the selection of equipment/roles/techniques for themselves and others.
This qualification is completed through 5, two-day workshops. The total duration depends on workshop dates and availability.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification, however, it is recommended that candidates possess a combination of the following:
- Standard 11 Generic OHS Mining Induction;
- Mining Supervisor (S123) - RIIRIS301D Apply risk management processes, RIIWHS301D Conduct safety and health investigation and RIICOM301D Communicate information, or equivalent;
- Certificate IV in Resource Processing;
- Access to a resources worksite;
- Access to internet and relevant legislation, policy and procedures, safety and health management system, SOP's, JSA's, OEM's etc.
The following provides the packaging rules for this qualification.
Total number of units = 16
8 core units plus
8 elective units, of which:
- At least six (6) must be chosen from the electives
- No more than two (2) units may be chosen from elsewhere within this training package, or from another endorsed training package, or from an accredited course.
- BSBCUS501 Manage quality customer service
- BSBMGT516 Facilitate continuous improvement
- RIICOM301D Communicate information
- RIIENV501D Implement and maintain environmental management plan
- RIIERR503D Implement emergency preparedness and response systems
- RIIGOV501D Identify, implement and maintain legal compliance requirements
- RIIRIS402D Carry out risk management processes
- RIIWMG501D Implement site water management plan
- BSBMGT517 Manage operational plan
- BSBWHS501 Ensure a safe workplace
- BSBWHS521 Ensure a safe workplace for a work area
- BSBWOR501 Manage personal work priorities and professional development
- BSBWOR502 Lead and manage team effectiveness
- RIIENV502D Undertake process or project environmental impact assessment
- RIILAT402D Provide supervision in the leadership of diverse work teams
Draw In Electives
- RIIMPO502D Manage the interaction of heavy and light vehicles and mining equipment
- RIIPRM501D Implement, monitor, rectify and report on contracts
- Course Name
- RII50315 Diploma Minerals Processing_RPL
- Location Name