Diploma of Underground Metalliferous Mining Management
ABOUT THE COURSE
RII50215 Diploma of Underground Metalliferous Mining Management offers the skills and knowledge required for mine managers in an underground metalliferous mine who perform tasks involving a high level of autonomy and require the application of significant judgement in planning and determining the selection of equipment, roles and techniques for themselves and others. Participants are required to demonstrate the application of a broad range of technical, managerial, coordination and planning skills and implement mine management plans.
The duration of this course is five 2-day training workshops, combined with at least five (5) years of industry experience.
This course specifically targets those working in roles such as; Safety Managers, Site Safety Representatives, Production Managers, Open Cut Examiners, Site Senior Executives or members of Management Teams.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification, however, it is recommended that candidates possess a combination of the following:
- Standard 11 Generic OHS Mining Induction;
- Mining Supervisor (S123) - RIIRIS301E Apply risk management processes, or equivalent;
- Risk Facilitator - RIIRIS402E Carry out the risk management process, or equivalent;
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a management position within the resources sector;
- Access to a resources worksite;
- Access to internet and relevant legislation, policy and procedures, safety and health management system, SOP's, JSA's, OEM's etc.
The following provides the packaging rules for this qualification.
Total number of units = 13
7 core units plus
6 elective units, of which:
- At least three (3) must be chosen from Group A
- No more than three (3) may be chosen from Group B
- No more than two (2) units may be chosen from elsewhere within this training package, or from another training package, or from an accredited course.
- Course Name
- RII50215 Diploma Underground Metalliferous Mining Management _RPL
- Location Name