Diploma surface operations management
About the Course
RII50115 Diploma of Surface Operations Management reflects the role of mine managers in an open cut coal or metalliferous mine or a quarry. They perform tasks involving a high level of autonomy and require the application of significant justification in planning an determining the selection of equipment, roles and techniques for themselves and others. They are required to demonstrate the application of a broad range of technical, managerial, coordination and planning skills and implement safety management plans.
9-24 months, depending on the candidate's experience.
This qualification specifically targets operators working in operational roles of above ground metalliferous and coal mining operations.
There are no entry requirements for this course, however, prior knowledge of the industry would be beneficial. There are no entry requirements for individual units of competency contained within the qualification.
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
Further training pathways from this qualification include:
- RII40315 Certificate IV in Metalliferous Mining Operations (Underground)
The packing rules for this course are as follows:
Total number of units = 13
2 core units plus
11 elective units, made up of:
- at least four (4) must be chosen from Group A
- no more than five (5) may be chosen from Group B
- up to two (2) may be chosen from elsewhere within this training package, or from another endorsed training package, or from an accredited course.
↓ ENROL NOW ↓
- Course Name
- Diploma of Surface Operations Management (RPL Only)
- RII50115 - Surface Operations Management
- QM1 Workshop - Brisbane
- QM2 Workshop - Brisbane
- QM7 Workshop - Brisbane
- Location Name
- MinRes Training Room