Certificate III Surface Extraction Operations
ABOUT THE COURSE
RII30115 Certificate III in Surface Extraction Operations provides competency-based training and assessment. The course is tailored to your business and employees who perform tasks within the resources sector. The course covers a broad range of skills including; machine competencies, risk assessment, workplace health and safety, environmental concerns and machine maintenance.
This course is delivered over approximately 4-8 sessions, running for 1-2 days per session over a 2-8 month timeframe. This timeframe may change depending on the skills and knowledge of the participant undertaking the training.
This course specifically targets operators working in the quarrying, mining and resource sector.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification.
- RIIRIS301D Apply risk management processes
- RIIWHS201D Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
- RIIENV201D Identify and assess environmental and heritage concerns
Elective Units (Part 1) - complete all three (3) units of competency
- RIICOM302D Communicate workplace information
- RIIQUA201D Maintain and monitor site quality standards
- RIISAM202D Isolate and access plant
Elective Units (Part 2) - select seven (7) units of competency
- RIIMPO206D Conduct bulk water truck operations
- RIIMPO301E Conduct hydraulic excavator operations
- RIIMPO304E Conduct wheel loader operations
- RIIMPO308F Conduct tracked dozer operations
- RIIMPO310F Conduct grader operations
- RIIMPO313E Conduct face loader operations
- RIIMPO337E Conduct articulated haul truck operations
- RIIMPO338E Conduct rigid haul truck operations
- RIIPRO301D Conduct crushing and screening plant operations*
- RIISAM306D Service and maintain conveyors, feeders and hoppers*
- RIISAM307D Service and maintain crushers*
- RIISAM308D Service and maintain screens*
- RIISRM304D Maintain stockpiles
- RIIVEH307E Operate heavy rigid vehicle
*These units of competency are completed as a clustered assessment.
Certificate III in Surface Extraction Operations
- Course Name
- RII30115 Certificate III Surface Extraction Operations
- RII30115 Certificate III Surface Extraction Operations (MINRES)
- RII30115 Certificate III Surface Extraction Operations (TCM)
- Supervisor Course (S1, 2, 3)
- Location Name
- FERNY GROVE