ABOUT THE COURSE
MEM60211 Advanced Diploma of Jewellery and Object Design offers the skills and knowledge required to develop Jewellery and Object Design solutions that require a wide range of specialised technical and creative skills. Design solutions reflect consideration of aesthetics, function, production techniques, material characteristics and marketability of jewellery and objects.
Up to twelve (12) months with at least 3 years of significant industry experience.
This qualification is typically used to develop skills and knowledge in the jewellery and object design enterprises. This qualification is particularly suited to:
- Independent Professional Designers
- Specialist Designers/Practitioners in Jewellery and Object Design Enterprises
- Heritage Jewellers and Craftperson's
- Theatre and Film Designers
- Individuals involved in exhibitions and Churchware
- One-off Client and Customer Designers and Manufacturers
Credit may be granted towards this qualification to those who have completed:
- MEM50311 Diploma of Jewellery and Object Design
- MEM40311 Certificate IV in Advanced Jewellery Manufacture; OR
- Demonstrate equivalent vocational experience
The following provides the packaging rules for this qualification.
Total number of units = 36
9 core units, plus
27 elective units, of which:
- At least five (5) must be chosen from Group A
- At least three (3) must be chosen from Group B
- At least three (3) must be chosen from Group C
- At least three (3) must be chosen from Group D
The thirteen (13) remaining elective units can be selected as follows, to bring the total number of elective units to twenty seven (27):
- Group A, B, C or D electives not previously selected
- A maximum of five (5) from Group E
- Up to six (6) appropriate elective units may be chosen from other endorsed Training Packages and accredited courses where those units are available in an Advanced Diploma, Diploma (maximum 4 units) or Certificate IV (maximum 4 units) qualification.
Appropriate units are those that would be suitable for occupational outcomes in a jewellery and object design environment.
- Course Name
- MEM60211 - Jewellery and Object Design
- MEM60211 Advanced Diploma Jewellery and Object Design_RPL
- Location Name