ABOUT THE COURSE
MEM50311 Diploma of Jewellery and Object Design offers the skills and knowledge required to apply design processes and technical production skills to the design and manufacture of custom-made jewellery and objects. Skills gained from this qualification may be applied to specialist jewellery and object design briefs.
Up to twelve (12) months with at least three (3) years of industry experience.
This qualification targets those producing designs for jewellery which are likely to be for custom manufacture. It also includes the proposed target group of clients to have the skills required to produce designs according to a design brief.
This qualification is particularly suited to:
- Specialist Jewellers and Object Designers
- Heritage Jewellers and Craftperson's
- Theatre and Film Designers
- Individuals involved in exhibitions and Churchware
- One-off client and Custom Designers and Manufacturers
There are no entry requirements for this qualification. Credit may be granted towards this qualification to those who have completed:
- MEM40311 Certificate IV in Advanced Jewellery Manufacture
- MEM30619 Certificate III in Jewellery Manufacture; OR
- Can demonstrate equivalent vocational experience
The following provides the packaging rules for this qualification.
Total number of units = 26
6 core units, plus
20 elective units, of which:
- At least three (3) must be chosen from Group A
- At least three (3) must be chosen from Group B
- At least three (3) must be chosen from Group C
The eleven (11) remaining elective units can be selected as follows, to bring the total number of elective units to twenty (20).
- Group A, B or C electives not previously selected
- A maximum of three (3) units from Group D
- Up to four (4) appropriate elective units* may be chosen from other endorsed Training Packages and accredited courses where those units are available in a Diploma or Certificate IV qualification.
*Appropriate units are those that would be suitable for occupational outcomes in a jewellery and object design environment.
MEM50311 Diploma of Jewellery and Object Design