ABOUT THE COURSE
MEM50311 Diploma of Jewellery and Object Design offers the skills and knowledge required to apply design processes and technical production skills to the design and manufacture of custom-made jewellery and objects. Skills gained from this qualification may be applied to specialist jewellery and object design briefs.
Up to 12 months, combined with at least 3 years of industry experience.
This qualification targets those producing designs for jewellery which are likely to be for custom manufacture. It also includes the proposed target group of clients to have the skills required to produce designs according to a design brief.
This qualification is particularly suited to:
- Specialist Jewellers and Object Designers;
- Hertitage Jewellers and Craftsperson's;
- Theatre and Film Designers;
- Individuals involved in exhibitions and churchware;
- One-off client and Custom Designers and Manufactures
There are no entry requirements for this qualification. Credit will be granted towards this qualification to those who have completed:
- MEM30605 Certificate III in Jewellery Manufacture
- MEM40311 Certificate IV in Advanced Jewellery Manufacture
- Can demonstrate equivalent vocational experience
RPL may be available depending on the candidate.
Further training pathways from this qualification can include:
- MEM60211 Advanced Diploma of Jewellery and Object Design
The minimum requirements for achievement of the Certificate III in Jewellery Manufacture are:
- completion of all six (6) core units of competency
- completion of twenty (20) elective units of competency, to bring the total number of units to twenty six (26)
Units with prerequisites are marked with an asterisk. Note that when selecting elective units any prerequisite units must also be completed (refer to units for details).
Elective units of competency must be selected as follows:
- at least three (3) units of competency from Group A
- at least three (3) units of competency from Group B
- at least three (3) units of competency from Group C
The eleven (11) remaining elective units can be selected as follows, to bring the total number of elective units to twenty (20) :
- Group A, B or C elective not previously selected
- a maximum of three (3) units from Group D
- up to four (4) appropriate elective units may be chosen from other endorsed Training Packages and accredited courses where those units are available in a Diploma or Certificate IV qualification.
Appropriate units are those that would be suitable for occupational outcomes in a jewellery and object design environment.
↓ ENROL NOW ↓