Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Step 1: Fill out all fields available until you get to the Terms and Conditions (at the end of the enrolment form).
Step 2: Select SUBMIT and you will be redirected to the PAYMENT PAGE – note: the payment details will be $0.00 at this stage, a separate invoice will be sent to you after enrolment.
Step 3: Select SUBMIT to complete your enrolment.
Once done, you will receive an email confirmation of your enrolment from our Student Management System.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) acknowledges previous experience, extensive skills and previously completed qualifications against the training package requirements of the qualification being undertaken.
All RPL enabled course assessment are determined by our Industry Expert Trainers and Assessors.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) means an assessment process that assesses the competency/s of an individual that may have been acquired through formal, non-formal and informal learning to determine where the candidate meets the requirements specified in the training package or VET accredited courses.
1. Formal learning refers to learning that takes place through a structured program of instruction and is linked to the attainment of an AQF qualification or statement of attainment e.g. A certificate, diploma of university degree;
2. Non-formal learning refers to learning that takes place through a structured program of instruction, but does not lead to the attainment of an AQF qualification or Statement of Attainment e.g. in-house professional development programs conducted by a business;
3. Informal learning refers to learning that results through experience of work related, social, family, hobby or leisure activities e.g. interpersonal skills such as communication and leadership developed through several years as a Team Leader.
Any candidate can apply for RPL, which assesses your current and previous experience against the requirements of a training qualification. Not all candidates will be suitable to complete an entire qualification via the RPL pathway; in this instance, gap training or blended-learning may be an alternative option to complete the chosen qualification. This will be discussed at the enrolment stage (or an initial conversation) to determine candidates goals, current qualifications and suitable ‘fit’ for RPL.
All qualifications as listed on the MINRES Scope of Registration (RTO:40727) can be found on training.gov.au
You can contact one of our friendly team members by:
Website: completing the Contact Us form
Phone: 1800 MINRES (1800 646 737)
Depending on the qualification you have chosen, you will be required to provide a Portfolio of Evidence (PoE) against the training package requirements. This PoE meets both the training package requirements and the Principals of Assessment and Rules of Evidence guidelines. Your Trainer and Assessor after a brief discussion with you, will be able to provide you with further information. All candidates will supply foundational documents including:
1. A current resume;
2. A job or position description;
3. Any previously completed qualifications, Statements of Attainment, training and assessment completed to a Nationally Recognised Standard
The Principal of Assessment are applied to all RPL pathways and are determined by the Australian Quality Skills Authority (ASQA) coupled with the Rules of Evidence. RPL pathway assessments, put simply, are assessment and competence determined by our Industry Expert Trainers and Assessors. They will review all your evidence supplied for validity, sufficiency, authenticity and currency. This evidence will include your work experience, competence in industry and previous qualifications against your chosen qualification sought to complete.
You can ENROL online via our website.
Step 1: Select Enrol Online at the top of our website.
Step 2: Select the qualification/short course/workshop that you would like to enrol in.
Step 3: At the bottom of the Course Page, select the Date/Location that best suits you.
Step 4: Complete the online enrolment form.
You can complete the Contact Form on our website and one of our expert team members will be in touch shortly.
You can alternatively call us directly on 1800 MINRES (646 737) or email email@example.com