ABOUT THE COURSE
BSB51918 Diploma of Leadership and Management has been specifically designed for Supervisors in Mining and Quarrying in Australia. The course offers the skills and knowledge required to apply knowledge, practical skills and experience in leadership and management across a range of enterprise and industry contexts. Participants undertaking this course display initiative and judgement in planning, organising, implementing and monitoring their own workload and the workload of others. They use communication skills to support individuals and teams to meet organisational or enterprise requirements. Participants will also plan, design, apply and evaluate solutions to unpredictable problems and identify, analyse and synthesise information from a variety of sources.
The duration of this course is up to twelve (12) months.
This course specifically targets those working across Business Administration, Purchasing and Procurement, Legal Administration and Local Government Administration sector(s).
There are no entry requirements for this qualification. Candidates may have completed components of the BSB42015 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management and some units where equivalent may be granted Credit Transfer (CT) or Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) when satisfactory evidence can be provided as per the training package requirements.
The following provides the packaging rules for this qualification.
Total number of units = 12
4 core units plus
8 elective units, of which:
- Four (4) elective units must be selected from Group A
- Up to four (4) may be additional units from Group A or Group B
- If not listed, up to two (2) electives may be chosen from Diploma of above in the Business Services Training Package
- If not listed, one (1) elective unit may be from any currently endorsed Training Package or accredited course at Diploma level.
- BSBLDR502 Lead and manage effective workplace relationships
- BSBLDR511 Develop and use emotional intelligence
- BSBMGT517 Manage operational plan
- BSBWOR502 Lead and manage team effectiveness
Group A Electives
- BSBCUS501 Manage quality customer service
- BSBMGT502 Manage people performance
- BSBMGT516 Facilitate continuous improvement
- BSBPMG522 Undertake project work
- BSBWOR501 Manage personal work priorities and professional development
Draw In Electives
- BSBMGT605 Provide leadership across the organisation
- BSBWHS501 Ensure a safe workplace
- RIIRIS501D Implement and maintain management systems to control risk