Diploma of Surface Operations Management
***We wanted to give all the Quarry Managers and SSE's a high five! Well done to all the new, all the existing. all the up and comings, all the alternates and all those planning for their future who undertook required study, did extra study, studied just to learn something new and improve how they operate, and got their SSE Notice - well done, YOU might save a life one day! You did an AWESOME job!
ABOUT THE COURSE
RII50115 Diploma of Surface Operations Management reflects the role of mine managers in an open cut coal or metalliferous mine or a quarry. They perform tasks involving a high level of autonomy and require the application of significant justification in planning and determining the selection of equipment, roles and techniques for themselves and others. They are required to demonstrate the application of a broad range of technical, managerial, coordination and planning skills and implement safety management plans.
MINRES Training Institute has tailored 5, two-day workshops which cover the 13 units of competency required to obtain the Diploma of Surface Operations Management. Information regarding these workshops can be found on our Quarry Managers Workshop page.
This qualification is completed through 5, two-day workshops. The total duration depends on workshop dates and availability.
This course specifically targets existing workers in the extractive industry. Participants will generally be employees wanting to move into or be recognised in the Quarry Manager or Site Senior Executive roles in the resources sector(s). This qualification will allow participants to accelerate their career options into Operations, Product and Management positions across various companies in the sector.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification, however prior working knowledge of the industry would be beneficial. There are also no entry requirements for individual units of competency contained within the qualification. Candidates may have completed RII30115 Certificate III in Surface Extraction Operations or RII40115 Certificate IV in Surface Extraction Operations where some units may be grated Credit Transfer (CT) as per the RTO's discretion and satisfactory evidence provided against the training package requirements.
The following provides the packaging rules for this qualification.
Total number of units = 13
2 core units plus
11 elective units, of which:
- At least four (4) must be chosen from Group A
- No more than five (5) may be chosen from Group B
- Up to two (2) may be chosen from elsewhere within this training package, or from another endorsed package, or from an accredited course.
- RIIRIS501D Implement and maintain management systems to control risk
- RIIGOV501D Identify, implement and maintain legal compliance requirements
Group A Electives
- RIIMPO502D Manage interaction of heavy and light vehicles and mining equipment
- RIIERR503D Implement emergency preparedness and response systems
- RIIPRO501D Implement site processing plant operations
- RIIRAI502D Develop and implement site plant and resource management plan
Group B Electives
- BSBWHS501 Ensure a safe workplace
- RIIERR504D Manage major incidents and emergencies
- BSBMGT516 Facilitate continuous improvement
- RIICCR501D Conduct sales in construction materials operations
- RIIPRM501D Implement, monitor, rectify and report on contracts
Draw In Electives
- RIIERR601E Establish and maintain mine emergency preparedness and response systems
- BSBPMG522 Undertake project work
- Course Name
- RII50115 Diploma Surface Operations Management_MINRES_AUS20
- RII50115 Diploma Surface Operations Management_RPL
- QM2 Workshop (Webinar/Face-to-Face)
- QM4 Workshop (Webinar/Face-to-Face)
- QM5 Workshop (Webinar/Face-to-Face)
- Location Name