Certificate IV Surface Extraction Operations
ABOUT THE COURSE
RII40115 Certificate IV in Surface Extraction Operations provides training involving a broad range of varied activities. Supervisors are responsible for the quantity and quality of the output of others, contribute to the development of technical solutions to non-routine problems and apply safety management plans to the workplace.
This course is delivered over approximately 4-8 sessions, running for 1-2 days per session over a 2-8 month timeframe. This timeframe may change depending on the skills and knowledge of the participant undertaking the training.
This course specifically targets employees wanting to move into qualified management roles where the Certificate IV in Surface Extraction Operations is the desired/required qualification.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification.
The following provides the packaging rules for this qualification.
Total number of units = 13
4 core units, plus
9 elective units, of which:
- One (1) must be chosen from Group A
- At least two (2) must be chosen from Group B
- No more than four (4) may be chosen from Group C
- No more than one (1) may be chosen from Group D
- No more than two (2) may be chosen from elsewhere within this training package, or from another endorsed training package, or from an accredited course.
- BSBSUS401 Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
- RIICOM301E Communicate information
- RIIGOV401D Apply, monitor and report on compliance systems
- RIIRIS401D Apply site risk management system
Group A Electives
- BSBWHS401 Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements
Group B Electives
- RIIMEX401D Apply pit plan
- RIIMPO401D Supervise mobile plant operations
- RIIMPO403D Monitor the interaction of heavy and light vehicles and mining equipment
Group C Electives
- RIIERR201E Conduct fire team operations
- RIIRIS301D Apply risk management processes
- RIIWHS301D Conduct safety and health investigations
Draw In Electives
- RIIRIS501D Implement and maintain management systems to control risk
- BSBWHS501 Ensure a safe workplace
- Course Name
- RII40115 Certificate IV Surface Extraction Operations_MINRES_AUS20
- RII40115 Certificate IV Surface Extraction Operations_RPL
- Location Name